Monday, September 9:
Breakfast for Tomorrow:
Lunch for Tomorrow:
Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
-JV Football game tonight at LCC, kick off is at 6:00pm. Football players who are suiting up for the game, please be back at school by 4:00 tonight. We will dress here and leave for Laurel at 4:40.
Those not suiting up for JV will head to the campus after school. No helmet or pads will be needed.
- The yearbook's button making machine is not working and needs to get sent in for repairs. If your button comes apart, bring it back to Mrs. Pedersen and she will make you a new one when the machine is fixed. Those of you who have put in orders, we will get them to you when the machine comes back.
-There will be a National Honor Society Meeting today during homeroom for all old and new members in Mr. Hagen’s room.
- Cast list for the one-act play will be posted on Friday, September 13. If you missed auditions last night but still would like to try out for a part, please see Mr. Johnson. Those people who do not get a part will automatically be in the chorus/ensemble. You can still sign up to be part of the chorus until Friday.
- Attention juniors and seniors! The rep from the University of Nebraska @ Kearney will be here Thursday at 10:30. Please get a sign-out sheet from Mr. Kneifl, have it signed, and back to him by the end of the day on Wednesday.
-Message from Mrs. Hahne: Outstanding performances in parade, pep rally and game on Friday. You represented our school well. Shout out to the students helping to unload the van after done playing: Kalyn Martinson, James Pick, Aiden Rosener, Jack Steffen, and McKenzie Bruning.
- District Tractor Driving took place on Saturday in Pierce. Chase Lammers brought home the win by sweeping the competition to receive first individual trophy. Blaine Lammers received a blue ribbon and Jack Steven completed the courses and received a red ribbon.
- On Thursday September 5th the HNS Wildcats Boys Varsity Team placed 1st and Boys JV placed 1st as a team at the Wisner-Pilger Meet. Girls Varsity Placed 2nd.
Medalists included: Carson Noecker - 1st, Brayden Kathol 3rd, Dagen Joachimsen 10th, Bode Noecker 14th & Chase Lammers 17th. JV Boys Medalists: Riley Kuehn 1st, Parker Albers 2nd, Alan Santiago 3rd, Keegan Carl 4th, and Isaac Kuehn 14th. The JV Team had a perfect score, coming in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in a field of 35 Runners!
Girls Medalists - Sara Reifenrath 5th, Sara Burbach 6th, and Jayda Bernecker 8th. The girls took 2nd behind Pender by only 5 points.
-Auditions for Northeast Band and Choir due - September 13th.
-Ray's Midbell will be here for beginner band night at 5pm. Please use the Elementary entrance or the east door to the band room.
-These students need to get their band shirt turned into Mrs. Hahne ASAP: Kaitlyn Willis, Kaylee and Zoe Ptak, Carmen Buschkamp, Caroline Nelson, Alan Santiago, Ryell Haug, Marissah Nordine, Bennet Sievers, Karsen Uhing, Teagan Scoggan, Sam Harms, Alison Karnes & Aiaden Rogers.
-Fall Picture Day is TOMORROW!! Group pictures being taken are: HS & JH Volleyball; HS & JH Football Cross Country, Student Council & Class officers. Please be sure to bring your uniforms and/or t-shirts. Individual class pictures will also be taken.
-Golf Dual at home at 4pm tomorrow.
-HS Volleyball at Wausa tomorrow at 5:30.
-There will be National Honor Society Induction Practice Thursday during homeroom in the Commons.
- Friday, Sept 13 - Football Game is early so band meet at 3:00 PM in the stands ready to play. Load equipment at 2:00 PM and equipment van leaves school at 2:30 PM.